The challenge of being a business owner implies you're aware that your customer base is the lifeblood of your company. A steady stream of new customers allows you to grow your business and fulfill your company vision.
The following approach works best for attracting new customers.
1. Identify Your Ideal Client: Narrow down the focus of your ideal client and avoid making broad target market statements, such as every woman, every man or all baby boomers. Few products appeal to that vast of a group of people, and overstating your market will prevent you from developing viable targeted strategies for attracting clients.
2. Discover Where Your Customer Lives: With your targeted customers in mind, “identify those places where they are likely to be found (media, online, offline, mail, etc.), and then create messages for them.
3. Know Your Business Inside and Out: There are plenty of company owners in the market today who know the bare minimum about their business. This is because it’s so easy to set up a business these days anyone could do it. You can literally become an entrepreneur overnight, and that’s a problem. Go deep, get beneath the surface and get to grips with what keeps the wheels turning.
4. Position Yourself as the Answer: Before you talk to a client on the phone or send an email, it is essential to understand what your client’s world looks like.
5. Build Partnerships: Attract New Customers and Expand Market Coverage. Perhaps the most popular reason for entering into a strategic partnership is access to new markets and customers.
6. Follow Up: It builds trust among the customers as it shows you “CARE” about them. You also get Sales Referrals Easily, reducing business Cost. Get Continuous Feedback and Deal with Customer's Issues in a Timely Manner.